The first 3 months of pregnancy are a very important time for fetal development. During this period, the pregnant women often have to be very careful because the resistance in the body is reduced, so susceptible to many diseases. During that time, headaches not only have a significant impact on daily life but also can cause dangerous complications for both mother and child in the future.
Headaches during the first trimester of pregnancy can increase the risk of pre-eclampsia. Especially pregnant women aged 40 and older. Accompanied by pre-eclampsia can be the phenomenon of high blood pressure, edema, … These are all diseases affecting the health of the mother and baby.
In addition, when the body is pregnant, it is tired due to providing nutrients from the fetus, so headaches will reduce the quality of life of the patient, affecting the spirit, personality and the child after. born.
Causes of headache during pregnancy in the first 3 months
Until now, experts have not known exactly why pregnant women tend to have more frequent headaches, but a prediction has been made that pregnant women are more likely to have headaches due to hormonal fluctuations in muscles. be.
Especially during the first 3 months of pregnancy, the female body has a lot of changes. Hormones have major changes, affecting blood circulation as well as increasing blood flow in the body. This is the leading cause of headache, migraine.
In addition, many pregnant women suffer from excessive morning sickness and vomiting. Dehydration, chronic hunger can also lead to headaches.
Some women experience excessive stress due to early pregnancy health problems, or improper diet and activities can also lead to frequent headaches.
- Headache symptoms during pregnancy
- Headache or migraine
- Nausea, vomiting or often feel uncomfortable
Measures to reduce headaches during pregnancy
When the first 3 months of pregnancy has some mild headache, you can refer to the following tips:
– Apply cold: When stressed, stress, … mothers can apply cold compresses to the neck to help relieve pain and fatigue. Note that the water should be moderately cool, not too cold can cause the body to reduce heat causing other disease symptoms.
– Showering: Bathing can relieve temporary pain. Taking a shower with warm water is good for blood circulation, making you feel more comfortable.
– Do not let the body lack of water and too hungry: Should split meals, eat regularly throughout the day instead of eating large meals. Eat some foods like biscuits, fruits, and yogurt so that blood sugar levels can drop and can cause headaches. Drinking plenty of water also helps the body detoxify better, reduce headache symptoms.
– Rest: When a headache, mothers should try to take a nap, rest. Should relax in a quiet room, low light. Avoid staying up late or sleeping too much, so have a regime of moderation.
– Use relaxation techniques: Meditation, yoga, neck and back massage help relieve temporary headaches
Drinking ginger tea: Some research studies show that ginger tea has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. A glass of warm ginger tea can help pregnant women fight off headache and fatigue.
Limiting use of mobile phones and computers: Phones, computers, as well as other technological devices that emit blue light from the screen. This is the agent that causes nervous tension, which can make headaches, migraines worse.
When pregnant women have a headache, it is best not to use these devices.
When suffering from headaches, mothers absolutely do not arbitrarily use headache medicines even of natural origin. If the pain is severe and cannot be relieved by the above procedures, you should immediately see a doctor for the best treatments.
Tips for pregnant women 3 months pregnant
In addition to temporary pain relief, mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy should have a reasonable lifestyle to avoid this headache.
Avoid noisy, noisy places: This is one of the main causes of headaches, especially in pregnant women. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid noisy places to ensure the health not only for mother but also for fetal development.
- A balanced diet: Weak nutrition, imbalance is one of the common causes leading to headaches. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to your daily nutritional supplement diet. In addition to enhancing the diet, pregnant women can use additional supplements for pregnant women every day. The nutrients that mothers need to pay attention to provide enough such as DHA, EPA, iron, folic acid, calcium, iodine …
- Should drink enough from 2 liters of water or more per day.
- Exercise regularly: Not only improve health, but also can limit the frequent diseases encountered during pregnancy such as headache, flu, …
- Pay attention to sitting and lying postures: Need to review sitting position, lying down at home may be the cause of headaches.
- Keeping the spirit of comfort: Managing stress, not letting stress, sadness last for long.
- Get regular checkups: Regular checkups to ensure the health of not only the mother but also the fetus.
Headache in a mother who is 3 months pregnant is also very dangerous when it can affect the fetus as well as the health of pregnant women. Therefore, mothers should be careful, follow up regularly and go to the hospital right away when symptoms gradually increase!