Stretch marks during pregnancy are considered an “obsession” of many mothers because the stretch marks are often difficult to disappear after birth. You will no longer have to worry about this problem if you know the 10 ways to prevent stretch marks for pregnant women below. These tips are quite safe and can be highly effective if consistently applied.
Stretch marks during pregnancy appear when?
According to statistics, about 70% of pregnant women will have stretch marks during pregnancy. The cause of this phenomenon is the increase in body weight during pregnancy, which leads to the relaxation of the skin, especially in the areas of the chest, abdomen, thighs, etc. elastic and collagen fibers on the skin are broken, causing a broken connective tissue under the dermis of the skin, resulting in stretch marks.
Pregnant women will not know if they have stretch marks or not as well as the time the stretch marks appear. There are mothers with stretch marks that appear very early, from the 4th month of pregnancy, but there are mothers until August, September new fractures. There are even cases in which there is no stretch during pregnancy but after birth it appears.
The time of stretching appearance depends largely on the mother’s location, genetic factors and the level of weight gain. If the mother gains weight too quickly at some point, the likelihood of stretch marks is also higher.
Signs of stretch marks during pregnancy
When first appearing, the stretch marks will be pink, reddish brown, dark brown depending on the skin color of the mother. Usually, it’s hard for mom to know if she’s going to get stretch marks. However, if the mother is in the following cases, there is a higher risk of stretch marks than others:
– Genetics: if the mother or sister has ever had a stretch, the mother is likely to experience this condition.
– Pregnancy age is too high or too low: Pregnancy is under 20 years of age or older than 35, the skin area is not yet complete or has been aging gradually so it is easy for stretch marks to appear when stretched.
– Weight gain too fast: Excessive body weight will make the skin more stretched.
– Having stretch marks during puberty: During puberty, the sex hormones of the body also change abnormally, then if the mother appears on the stretch marks, the chances are high during pregnancy. “History will repeat.”
– Pregnant women are overweight, obese: The skin of these mothers is often fragile, so it is more likely to crack.
– Pregnancy to: The greater the fetal weight, the more the skin of the abdomen will be stretched.
– Skin lack of nutrients: If the mother does not take care of her skin regularly, her skin will age quickly, with less elasticity, less elasticity.
– Lazy exercise: According to research results, pregnant women who exercise regularly before and during pregnancy will have a lower rate of stretch marks than others.
Prevention stretch marks for pregnant women
Mothers should not wait until they are cracked to find ways to improve, but start to prevent stretch marks from the 4th month of pregnancy. Here are a few formulas to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy safely and effectively for mothers.
1. Supplement essential nutrients for skin
Supplementing with some vitamins and minerals can help skin to be healthy and quick to recover from damage caused by stretch marks.
Known as retinoids, vitamin A helps the skin become smooth, younger. In a study done in 1996, a reasonable intake of vitamin A supplements could help fight the appearance of stretch marks.
Therefore, this nutrient is present in many skin care products for pregnant women. They can also be taken by mouth as drugs or through certain foods like carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, papaya, etc.
If you intend to supplement this vitamin, pregnant women should consult with obstetrician first. Avoid the arbitrary use of indiscriminate use of vitamins that lead to the risk of birth defects.
Zinc deficiency will make pregnant women prone to stretch marks, anorexia, sleep deprivation, hair loss and many other serious problems. This condition can be detected through a complete blood count.
Take zinc supplements as prescribed by your doctor if zinc deficiency is the cause of pregnancy stretch marks.
This vitamin is abundant in the sun. It is essential for the health of the skin. The body receives enough vitamin D to minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
However, sunbathing too much can backfire, making stretch marks become darker and more difficult to recover. Every day, pregnant women should only sunbathe for 15-20 minutes in the early morning and evening. Avoid exposing your skin to the sun.
The safest and most effective way to supplement vitamin A is through diet. Pregnant women should use foods such as: Mushrooms, egg yolks, salmon, oysters, shrimp, cod liver oil, tuna …
2. Control your weight well during pregnancy
This is a simple solution that can help prevent stretch marks for pregnant women effectively. In order for the stretch marks not to continue to appear or become more serious, it is necessary to pay attention to controlling your body weight, not to excessive weight gain.
On average, pregnant women should only increase from 10-15 kg during pregnancy. Talk to your obstetrician or nutritionist for advice on diet and exercise for a reasonable weight gain during pregnancy, limiting skin damage.
3. Maintain skin moisture
Moisturized skin will always be supple, reducing the risk of stretch marks during excessive stretch.
If you are facing stretch marks during pregnancy, you should focus on moisturizer regularly, at least twice a day. Choosing products from natural sources will ensure the safety of the skin as well as the fetus in the abdomen.
In addition to applying moisturizer, pregnant women should also pay attention to increase fluid intake. Maintain a daily intake of 2.5 to 3 liters of water so that skin cells are always well hydrated and better able to withstand the stress of the skin.
4. How to cure stretch marks for pregnant women by sugar
It sounds ridiculous, but sugar also helps treat stretch marks for pregnant women. This material works by removing dead skin cells on the skin, helping stretch marks absorb maximum nutrients to regenerate faster and evenly colored than the surrounding skin.
How to prevent stretch marks for pregnant women by the following way:
- Take 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 spoon of lemon juice
- Mix the mixture well and apply on the stretch marks on the skin
- Massage gently for 8 – 10 minutes so that the mixture works and then wash again.
- Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a week to fade stretch marks during pregnancy
5. Tips for treating stretch marks for pregnant women with olive oil
This oil is rich in vitamin E and medium-chain fatty acids that have the ability to soften and enhance skin elasticity. Using coconut oil properly can help prevent stretch marks for pregnant women, while fading existing stretch marks.
How to use olive oil:
- Apply olive oil to areas that are prone to stretching during pregnancy. Perform in the evening daily before going to bed or after showering.
- Or drink 1 teaspoon of olive oil in the morning to replenish the repair of stretch marks from inside the body.
6. Cure stretch marks when pregnant with aloe vera
Aloe vera contains a rich source of vitamins and minerals that can help prevent and heal stretch marks. In addition, this material also has antibacterial properties, helping to prevent itching and inflammation in stretch marks.
- Method 1: Apply pure aloe vera gel to the skin directly to the treatment area 2 times a day.
- Method 2: Mix aloe vera gel and coffee grounds in a ratio of 1: 1. Apply to stretched skin and massage for a few minutes. When skin is dry, rinse with warm water. Apply stretching tips for pregnant women in this way 3-4 times per week.
- Method 3: Combine 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix the mixture well and apply on the skin similar to the way above.
7. Beat the stretch marks when pregnant with egg white
Egg whites are considered the quintessence of stubborn stretch marks. It is rich in protein and collagen that increases the elasticity and endurance of the skin, helping damaged skin cells to quickly regenerate.
Steps to follow:
- Prepare 1-2 chicken eggs and then separate the whites
- Stir with a spoon and apply a thin layer to the affected skin
- Allow skin to dry naturally before washing it off
- Repeat every other day to quickly see a positive change.
8. Overcoming stretch marks for pregnant women with vitamin E
Vitamin E is known for its powerful moisturizing, antioxidant effects. It helps to protect the skin against the damaging effects of sunlight and free radicals, while stimulating collagen production to heal broken subcutaneous fibrous tissue connective tissue, restoring the damage caused by stretch marks.
The simplest way to prevent stretch marks for pregnant women from vitamin E is to use it as a cream. You puncture the capsule and take vitamin E solution to apply to the skin. In addition, it can be combined with vitamin E, salt or sugar to increase the effectiveness.
9. Treatment of stretch marks during pregnancy with potatoes
Potatoes are high in vitamins A, C and antioxidants. These ingredients penetrate the skin to help improve skin pigmentation, increase collagen production, and repair damaged cells.
- Potatoes are peeled, chopped, pressed juice
- After the shower, use a cotton ball moistened with potatoes to apply to the stretch marks.
- Allow 10 minutes for nutrients to penetrate, then rinse
10. Use stretch cream for pregnant women
There are many types of stretch creams specifically designed for pregnant women, so they are quite safe. You can choose from reputable brands and buy on use. This product will work best if used right from the first weeks of pregnancy.
When using the cream, carefully read the instructions on how to use it, the dosage as well as how to preserve the product to achieve a high efficiency.
How to pregnant women without stretch marks?
While there’s no way to prevent stretch marks completely, you can take the following simple measures to limit the appearance of stretch marks:
- Drink plenty of water, at least 7-8 glasses a day.
- Exercise every day to stay healthy and stimulate the pumping of blood to bring nutrients to repair damaged skin. Exercise also contributes to good weight control. This will prevent excessive stretching.
- Protect skin when out in the sun. UV rays in the sun can cause broken skin links and make them more prone to cracks.
- Actively eat foods rich in vitamins A, E, C, D and omega 3 such as salmon, tuna, oranges, tangerines, carrots, mangoes … to make skin healthier and not cracked.
- Exfoliate twice a week to speed up the growth of new skin cells. Thereby helping to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy more effectively.
Above are simple ways to prevent stretch marks for pregnant women. Start planning today so that stretch marks are no longer an obsession.