Nutrition plays an important role in the formation and development of babies, helping them to be smart from the time they are still in their mother’s womb. Right from the first months of pregnancy, the mother should build a reasonable and scientific diet to ensure that the baby is well developed, and the mother is not overweight. Pregnant women should eat to healthy children, mothers do not gain weight?
The first 3 months
In the first months of pregnancy, mothers do not need to consume much energy but still have to ensure enough protein and essential micronutrients, especially folic acid, iron, zinc …
What do pregnant women eat when they do not enter the mother? Eat plenty of folic acid found in eggs, milk, whole grains and dark green vegetables like spinach, spinach, cauliflower … will ensure sufficient prevention of neural tube defects and division of formation. Fetal cell organization.
3 months between
In the second trimester, the third trimester of pregnancy is the time when the baby forms all the parts of the body, this is the time when the nervous system and the organs of touch, sight, hearing develop so mom needs A diet that is adequate for all nutrients.
During this period, mothers should eat more foods with calcium and iron, take supplements or multivitamins to develop the fetus, eat a variety of foods but limit starches and sweets. When drinking milk, mothers need to limit the type of sweetness that causes rapid weight gain, preferably fresh milk without sugar.
Last 3 months
The last 3 months of pregnancy is when the baby develops on the skin so he will gain the most weight. What do pregnant women eat to get into the baby and not at the mother in late pregnancy? Mom should start eating more starch (2 cups of rice / day) and drinking milk (2-3 cups / day). To limit the risk of edema of the limbs and facial deformities, mothers should drink plenty of water, eat lots of fruits.
According to folk experience, moms can eat upside-down duck eggs and eel because they contain many substances to help your baby develop a weight index.
Some principles of eating pregnant mothers should pay attention
– Divide into 5-6 meals / day to help the body digest and absorb better, overcome morning sickness in the first months and control weight in the following months.
– Vegetables, fruits help supplement vitamins, fiber and also help pregnant women avoid constipation, bloating, indigestion. Mothers should divide the nutrition groups according to the ratio of 25% protein, 25% starch, 50% vegetables in each serving.
– Drink enough 3 liters of liquid (milk, water, juice, soup) and do not drink soft drinks, fizzy drinks or alcohol.
– Limit fast foods because they only make you gain weight without providing additional nutrients for your baby to develop.
– Adding multivitamins containing essential nutrients from before and during pregnancy help ensure the nutritional needs of the mother without trying to eat too much.
– Walk regularly 30 minutes a day, and in the free time should exercise exercises specifically for pregnant women.