Bitter melon – a cheap and delicious fruit – seems to be sketchy but full of benefits .. Dishes made from bitter melon such as egg-fried bitter melon, bitter melon stuffed with meat … not only have an attractive flavor, but it also brings Many health benefits.
Bitter melon is a very strange fruit, bitter taste, very difficult to eat with new people. You are a newcomer who will feel the taste deep in the bottom of the tongue, making you frown. This fruit is not the same as regular vegetables that are sour, sweet or neutral. Therefore, it is not easy to eat if you are not used to it.
Bitter melon is a fruit that brings a gentle serene feeling, eating without feeling stuffy, eating that feels attractive and not easy to forget. Perhaps so, bitter melon needs to be bitter.
Bitter melon is easy to recognize. It is smooth green, about 1/2 – 1/3 of a regular melon, shaggy rind by succulent papillae. When it is yellow, it is ripe and cannot be eaten anymore. When sliced, the fruit is hollow inside, seeded, discarded, only eaten pulp. Bitter melon is not too porous like regular melon, not too hard like cassava, soft enough to eat, suitable for all ages.
It was discovered that bitter melon has many different bioactive substances. Bitter melon has a number of vitamins such as: vitamin A (beta carotene precursor), B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B9 (folic acid). Bitter melon has a number of valuable minerals: calcium, potassium (quite rich in potassium), zinc, copper, phosphorus, magnesium. It is an ideal source of fiber. In 1 medium bitter melon has about 1.5g of useful fiber. Bitter melon also has quinine, pectin, lipoprotein, vitamin C, insulin resistance.
Benefits when using bitter melon
Helps to lose weight
Bitter melon helps to strengthen the body, and is one of the fruits and vegetables that helps to lose weight effectively. Green bitter melon contains 188 mg of vitamin C in 100 g of edible portion. If the bitter melon is cooked, this content is reduced to half. If eaten raw, bitter melon has high content of vitamin C, when cooked, it will lose 40% of vitamin C.
People wishing to lose weight should eat bitter melon regularly because bitter melon contains high nutrition content so eating bitter melon makes you feel full faster. This fruit contains very few calories, so you can safely eat processed foods with bitter melon while ensuring the body is provided with the nutrients necessary for daily activities without fear of weight gain.
Bitter melon contains many healthy vitamins and minerals. Bitter melon is low in calories, high in fiber. Bitter melon helps to limit the amount of calories you consume, and helps the body effectively prevent fat accumulation.
Good for people with diabetes type II
Several studies have shown that bitter melon lowers blood sugar levels by increasing glucose metabolism. Drinking each glass of bitter melon juice daily can help you get the full benefits of this fruit.
You should discontinue use if you experience symptoms of abdominal pain, diarrhea, or fever. However, you should consult your doctor before changing your diet, as well as checking your blood sugar regularly and adjusting your medication as needed.
Kidney stones can cause intense pain for you. Bitter melon can break down stones and help the body eliminate urine, because it reduces the acidity of urine, reduces pain caused by kidney stones. You can use a cup of bitter melon tea, very useful without adding sugar.
You can lower blood cholesterol by using bitter melon. High blood cholesterol needs to be diagnosed through blood tests. Lowering cholesterol also means reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, heart attack and stroke. Bitter melon is a natural medicine that helps the body prevent cardiovascular events.
Good for people with Pancreatic Cancer
One of the most surprising health benefits of bitter melon is its anti-cancer properties. Bitter melon has been shown to disrupt glucose production, potentially inhibiting the growth of pancreatic cancer cells. Besides, it can also starve liver, colon, breast and prostate cancer cells. So why not add a glass of bitter melon juice to your diet?
The food and drink made from bitter melon bring a lot of benefits to the skin. It is a natural, soothing essence for the skin, helping to treat acne, psoriasis and eczema, giving you a bright skin.
Eating liver supplements regularly will bring many health benefits. Bitter melon enhances the function of the digestive system, improves the function of the gallbladder, and reduces fluid retention; Therefore it is very useful for people with cirrhosis, hepatitis, constipation. In addition, it aids in weight loss as well as relieves the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Drinking at least one glass of bitter melon juice a day will help you enjoy these benefits.
This is a very important benefit for people with diabetes. In the body, starch is converted into sugar and bitter melon helps to convert sugar. Increasing the rate of carbohydrate metabolism will cause the body to reduce fat storage, help maintain a healthy weight or lose weight. Proper carbohydrate metabolism also supports muscle growth and body growth.
Bitter melon is said to be an eye brightener. Because bitter melon helps liver, lower fire, nourish the liver. These factors help brighten the eyes. Bitter melon has more beta carotene, which is a precursor of vitamin A to help the eyes bright and clear. Bitter melon is traditionally thought to be used to treat chronic conjunctivitis, and pinkeye caused by the liver.
Rich in Vitamin K
Vitamin K plays a role in bone health, blood clotting and anti-inflammatory. People with rheumatoid arthritis can reduce pain and inflammation when boosting vitamin K. Bitter melon provides the body with daily vitamin K needs. Besides, it is also a great source of fiber.
A healthy immune system is important in preventing infections and diseases. Bitter melon is a natural way to help prevent colds, reduce the risk of food allergies, fungal infections and is also effective in gastroesophageal reflux – esophagus and indigestion.
Some dishes, remedies from bitter melon
– Marinated bitter melon tea: Use bitter melon to cut the upper part, remove the rind and wash, cut into thin slices, dry or dried. When used, brake in a covered boiling water bottle for about 30 minutes. Tea has a cooling effect, very good refreshment.
– Passion Fruit juice: Every day can drink 1 cup or 1/2 cup of bitter melon juice to help prevent the process of accumulating subcutaneous fat and lose weight effectively. Bitter melon selected fresh green fruit is not deep, stamping, rot. Rinse, halve and remove seeds. Squeeze bitter melon juice with a juicer. We can add to the juice of bitter melon through a little filtered water, or a little lemon, … to suit the taste because this juice is very bitter, it will be difficult to drink with people not used to it.
– Chilled bitter melon, bitter melon: Chilled bitter melon is a summer cooling dish. Bitter melon is sliced as thin as possible on the rock layer, between stone and bitter melon separated by plastic layer, into the refrigerator compartment, when eating with a little more meat or shrimp shrimp shrimp.
– Stir-fried bitter melon: Stir-fried thin bitter melon, then fried with eggs or beef is a very tasty and nutritious dish.
– Bitter melon stuffed with meat: Choose three bitter melon, moderate and green. Use a sharp knife to cut one side (vertically), remove the intestines and seeds, rinse. Lean meat (or bacon) minced 200 grams with spices (salt, monosodium glutamate, pepper), shiitake mushrooms (washed, soaked in hot water to bloom softly), chopped shallots. Bitter melon washed, cut to taste (about 3 cm). Use the spoon to mix things well together and tuck them in the middle for tight and smooth on both sides. Boil water, put bitter melon into a pot.
– Bitter gourd mixed with celery: A bitter melon, vegetables need 200 grams, soy sauce, crushed garlic, herbs, spices just enough. Peel off the shredded skin, shred into shredded seeds, and bare through boiling water, then rinse with cold water. Drain bitter melon mixed with celery and add spices.